Idoru, by William Gibson:
“Her black hair, rough-cut and shining, brushed pale bare shoulders as she turned her head. She had no eyebrows, and both her lids and lashes seemed to have been dusted with something white, leaving her dark pupils in stark contrast.
And now her eyes met his.
He seemed to cross a line. In the very structure of her face, in geometries of underlying bone, lay coded histories of dynastic flight, privation, terrible migrations. He saw stone tombs in steep alpine meadows, their lintels traced with snow. A line of shaggy pack ponies, their breath white with cold, followed a trail above a canyon. The curves of the river below were strokes of distant silver. Iron harness bells clanked in the blue dusk.
Laney shivered. In his mouth a taste of rotten metal.
The eyes of the idoru, envoy of some imaginary country, met his.”
- skeletonsofsociety666 reblogged this from medicalmistake
- skeletonsofsociety666 likes this
- medicalmistake reblogged this from barrymanifold
- synthghost reblogged this from barrymanifold
- gotozoa reblogged this from barrymanifold
- candycosmonaut likes this
- thesensualstarfish reblogged this from theantidote
- thesensualstarfish likes this
- arcani-et-apparat reblogged this from barrymanifold
- kinkypair reblogged this from barrymanifold
- vexedoff reblogged this from barrymanifold
- neverneverland likes this
- sonicgrandeur likes this
- worsethandetroit likes this
- prostheticknowledge likes this
- blazinuzumaki likes this
- theantidote reblogged this from barrymanifold and added:
- naranzarian likes this
- theantidote likes this
- thewickedinnocent likes this
- synescape reblogged this from nodalpoint
- resoulution likes this
- mimikry likes this
- writtenwordwomen reblogged this from barrymanifold
- nodalpoint reblogged this from barrymanifold
- haikyo likes this
- barrymanifold posted this